3.07.2013

pesto cranberry chicken salad

Do you have any surprising talents? I think everyone's got something quirky that they do well. I have some really obvious talents, like cooking and photography, but sometimes it's those little surprise talents that are the most fun. So here are a few of mine:

1) I am awesome at boxing on the Wii. I've never been beaten. It drives my husband crazy.

2) I have a really amazingly good memory. (I'm like a repository for useless information.) I spend a lot of the time pretending I don't know things that I know, because it's weird and awkward that I'm so observant and I remember everything. It was useful when I was in school though, because I could usually just read through my notes once before a test, and do awesome!

3) I make the best sandwiches. Even using the exact same ingredients, my sandwiches are always better than the ones my husband makes. He even asks me to make his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, because I've just got the sandwich knack!

Sometimes even people you know well can surprise you with a hidden talent... and that's how I feel about these awesome veggie chips from Green Giant. I mean, I love their frozen vegetables, but I never expected to see Green Giant chips. Talk about a giant surprise!


These chips, though? Totally awesome. Like, so good that I kept eating them instead of taking pictures of them... oops. Not only are they delicious, but they're also made with real sweet potatoes, and have 14 grams of whole grain. And since they have 40% less fat than traditional potato chips, I don't feel too guilty about being unable to stop eating them. :) And alongside one of my favorite sandwiches? They make for a delicious, healthy lunch. Try them out!

Pesto Cranberry Chicken Salad

2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup light mayo (I like the kind with olive oil)
2 T pesto
2 T dried cranberries
1 T chopped walnuts

In a medium bowl, mix together the mayo and pesto. Toss with the chicken, cranberries, and walnuts. Serve on croissants, or you can try my favorite honey wheat sandwich bread here. Enjoy!

Ready to try some veggie chips for yourself? Click here for a coupon worth 85 cents off one package!

Thank you to The Green Giant™ for being a sponsor. Show the Giant your surprise talent at www.facebook.com/greengiant

Hungry for more from The Baker Upstairs?

No comments :

Post a Comment