3.14.2013

it's π day!


Does your family celebrate pi day? March 14 is always a special day in our family, because it's our wedding anniversary. This year is particularly special because we've been married ten whole years! Have a look at some then and now pics and try to suppress your giggles over what babies we were ten years ago:


So anyway, pi day! A day for eating pie and thinking about the number pi. What could be better? I think pie is the perfect dessert for any occasion, so when Marie Callender's asked me to be part of their pi day celebration, I jumped at the chance! Because seriously, their pies are awesome. Geoff and I had a "friendly" discussion about which flavor to choose. I was leaning strongly in favor of the lemon meringue, and he felt just as strongly that we needed something that was full of chocolate. Marie Callender's has so many delicious options that it was hard to choose! Eventually, we both agreed on coconut cream (pictured above), and let me tell you, it's awesome!

If you're interested in celebrating pi day with your family, here are a few fun links to activities:

Pi Day at the Exploratorium

14+ Pi Day Activities from Helping Little Hands

Pi Day Activities at Almost Unschoolers

As for us, we're going to read Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi, and enjoy some delicious coconut cream pie! If you'd like to pick up a Marie Callender's pie for your own family, you can get a $1.50 off coupon here!

As for our dinner, I haven't decided yet, but I think we might be eating either some delicious pizza pie...


or some Southwest Chicken Pot Pie!


Visit the Marie Callender's blog for even more fun ideas! 
And visit the website here to rate and review your favorite Marie Callendar's products. 

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

Hungry for more from The Baker Upstairs?

No comments :

Post a Comment